BPO Projects – How to get them and what they entail

BPO Projects
BPO = Business Process Outsourcing.  BPO companies typically do data entry, call center, payment processing, and other repetitive back office services.

There are many types of BPO projects out there.  Some are voice processes while others are non-voice processes.  It is important to note, that when communicating with prospective American or Australian clients, they might not understand what you are talking about if you use the term, “non-voice process”.  When talking to Westerners, it is more clear to mention a specific type of process or work such as data mining or telemarketing for example.

What do projects entail?
BPO projects might include a call center or telemarketing project, data conversion, image processing, payment processing, data capture, or a wide variety of other types of work.  It is important to note how many seats will be involved in the work, and how long the work is expected to take unless it is intended to be continuous work on an ongoing project.

Getting work
Getting BPO projects is not always easy.  Established companies have a steady clientele that might refer them to other overseas companies.  So long as the quality of their work stays intact, they would normally continue getting regular business.  There might be economic cycles that would effect their work volume, but a steady flow of BPO projects would be normal.

Newer BPO companies, especially those that have weak marketing skills, will find it much harder to get steady work.  Additionally, I have found that inexperienced start-ups have management that doesn’t always have a good command of English.  If your marketing materials are in broken English, it will be hard to attract data entry or call center work, since those lines of work are language intensive.

In the beginning, you should have someone help you with your marketing materials to make sure they will attract foreign clients.  Once you establish a reputation for doing good work for a reasonable price, then business will begin to be more steady.

How do I get initial work?
You can contact companies overseas that might need your type of services.  Making personal contact is a very effective marketing technique.  You can advertise on alibaba.com, or on 123outsource.net to gain worldwide exposure for your company as well.  The basic trick is to find companies who need your BPO services, and to make them feel confident about using your outsourcing services. Offering them a little bit of work at a discount or for free with liberal terms is the easiest way to get BPO projects fast! If you make life easy for your new clients at a great price, they’ll be very enthusiastic about your company!

More ideas for getting work
Have a website, call companies that might need your service, create a Linked In profile, advertise on large outsourcing directories, use PPC advertising on Google, network with other companies, do email blasts, etc. Please read our more up to date articles below for more thorough information.

You might also like

Marketing your BPO outsourcing company from A to Z

How to get more clients for your BPO or Call Center (compilation)

What is the process of setting up a BPO company?

How to get clients for call centers — contracts!

Best Outsourcing Articles (compilation)

Outsourcing was first used as a business strategy in 1989

Getting new clients and nurturing them correctly

Why Indian call centers fail

From 100 Indian call centers down to 1

Get more clients for your BPO by having better TRAINING

This entry was posted in BPO, Popular Posts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to BPO Projects – How to get them and what they entail

1. Vinay Kumar says:

I am Vinay from INDIA(Delhi/NCR) and we are planning to start a BPO and right now we are expecting some projects from US & UK in below mentioned fields, and our setup will have 25 seats initially and depends on the projects we planning to work on the Shifts too. Kindly help us in getting the projects .

Our core concentration Telesales & Marketing, Data entry, Data Processing, financial supports projects.

• Anand Nayak says:

Hiiii we are a team of outsourcing bpo projects voice and non voice both. We are located in mumbai. We are having UK & US voice projects with good payouts and without any charges. If interested send me your company profile on the mail mentioned above i will send you the details of the projects which we have. My skpye id is ninexhelpcenter. Phone:- 8655190191

* Thanks Regards
      Anand Nayak

• Prem says:

Hello Anand Nayak,

Good day..!
        I am Prem from Tamil Nadu (India). I am looking forward to get some BPO projects(US /UK). Currently we are in the process of recruiting a 10 member team with good communication skills. Kindly provide me more information on the projects available.

Contact details:
        Mail id: prem.hp2831@gmail.com
        Mobile : 09597348499

**We are ready to do a sample work/support for one week without any payment to show our efficiency & to win the trust as we are a start up company.

I wish this could be the turning point of my life.

Many thanks in advance..

Regards,
        Prem R.

2. vishak says:

i am running bpo company in the name of sastra bpo we are doing small projects well equpped with good projects how to get bpo projects with clients kindly any one help me

3. soundrarajan.r says:

Dear sir,
    i am soundrarajan from karur in tamilnadu, i would like start in BPO sector .how to getkin sourse of BPO, kindly help for me.
    thanks

4. krishna says:

Dear sir,
    i am krishna from bangalore, i would like start in BPO company .how to get BPO project kindly help for me.
    thanks

5. Suhas Patil says:

I am Mr. Suhas Patil managing director of E- Garden Consultancy
    Services and Co-Partner of Atharav Infotech which work in BPO sector from
    last 6 months in Kolhapur, Maharashtra. We are running one form filling project successfully from last 2 months. I’m interested to take project. Please mail me details of project. I am waiting to your positive reply.

• Prabakaran says:

hi Mr.Suhas Patil i am from Chennai i read your post. The thing actually i am here for i am starting bpo in Kolkata for that i need project. as you are successfully running form filling process for last 7months. if u can give me the contact info about your project outsourcing company that would be helpful for me

Thanks and regards
      Prabakaran.S

• Md Irfan says:

Hi

Suhas I am from Bangalore I have a set up of 5 seaters looking for non voice project like form filling I would like to know for which company your working for I have worked on so many project but turned to be fake. please guide me.

Irfan

6. Ananth says:

I’m Ananth working as a Softwar Engineer in chennai willing to start a bpo non voice process with my friends.We are planning to start with small sample projects for free to prove our dedication in works and meeting the quality and deadline for the projects. You can send me some non voice data entry projects and its details to the below address. Mail id ananthj006@gmail.com

7. Nilanjal says:

I am looking for new BPO client for international set up.

Please contact me @ 9953994835

8. Vinod Gaikwad says:

Hi Sir,
    I am vinod gaikwad and want to outsource the business from (US/UK).Our setup will have 10 seats initially and depends on the projects we planning to work on the Shifts too. Kindly help us in getting the projects .